Thursday, October 22, 2015

Frantic Stamper Pinecone Ornament


Do you ever have leftover die cuts lying around on your desk and you think to yourself "I need to make a card with those".........well that is how this card came about.  I had the pinecone and pine bough left over from a previous card (got rejected and didn't make it onto the card) and wanted to use them before they got ruined with everything else on my desk.

So I formed the pinecone with a stylus and mat to give it some dimension and cut out one of the largest dies in the Large Solid Ornament Duo set.  Then I cut one of the Teardrop Christmas Baubles out of the center of that solid ornament and backed it with a piece of clear acetate.  I also cut an ornament hook and topper from the Large Solid Ornament Duo using some gold foiled cardstock.

The final touch was to cut out the Happy Holidays on some white paper with gold dots and layer it a few times to give it some dimension on the busy pattern of the background paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment