Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hippo Birdie to You


Frantic Stamper has this cute Baby Hippo die that has just become one of my favorite dies.  The designer, Kathy Berger, designed the die with tiny tick marks as usual (they are precision dies) which allowed me to simply make two tiny clips with my scissors and cut the head off to raise it up with foam tape for a dimensional look.

I used the Lovely Leafy Tree and Village Trees and Shrubs even though I'm not sure there are trees in hippo territory.  The little bird is one of the small cardinals from the Cardinal set.  The string and ribbon across the bottom of the card is the new Tied Strings die.  No more having to try to wrap string around my cards and get them to stay in place just right -- this die does it all.

I typed the greeting on my computer and printed it off with black highlights and white color to the font.  The clouds and sun are from the Village Sky set.

These are the Frantic Stamper dies used on my card:

Baby Hippo

Stitched Rectangles

Lovely Leafy Tree

Village Trees and Shrubs

Village Sky

Cardinals

Tied Strings

Easter Bunny and Chicks (for the grass)

No comments:

Post a Comment