Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Masculine Deer Bust Cards





Frantic Stamper has a new die out called Deer Bust that goes great in their Ivy Wreath.  When I was making this card, it came to mind that it would be a great birthday card to give my father.  His birthday is in November and he will be 80 years young.  I swear his memory is so much sharper than mine when we talk on the phone.

My father has always been so proud of his 7 children and now that we are older and out on our own, it's time that we show how proud we are of him.  I can't think of a more perfect icon for leadership and strength than a buck.  My father has always been the strong leader in the family, having had 5 girls all in a row before finally having two sons.  He protected us like a deer protects it's young..... always looking out for us and providing for us.  We always had new toys to play with, new bikes to ride, and he always managed to take the family on a camping trip or two every summer.  My mother did not work outside of the home; she managed to always have dinner on the table when my father came home from work, help us with our homework, do crafts with us, and keep a super clean house.
Needless to say I am very proud of my parents and what they have done for me.

So, back to making the first card.  For the top layer, I used a piece of Coordination's cardstock and embossed it with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Woodgrain embossing folder then sanded it down.  I then cut the largest of the Pinprick Circles into this top panel and adhered on the word die Thankful.

The layer behind the embossed top panel is a piece of woodgrain pattern paper with the Ivy Wreath adhered to it.  I cut out the Deer Bust twice in two different brown papers so I could cover the antlers with the lighter color then raised it all up with foam tape.

On the inside of the card, I used the Accessory Words 3 and  Accessory Words 2 to put "for you", so my Dad will know that I am Thankful for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment