Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Peace Love Joy coordinating die and stamp tutorial




If you click on the photos, they will enlarge and you will be able to see the cards a little better.  The flash on my camera was a little too bright, even after photo editing.

I used the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers to make the snowy hills in the background and the largest of the Stitched Ovals on top of that.  The trees are actually stamps in a set called Triangle Trees that I embossed with a very fine antique gold embossing powder then cut them out with the Snowglobe Triangle Trees die set.  I normally stay away from stamp and die coordinated sets but these are very easy to stamp and cut out.  Let me show you a trick.

First I manually traced around the tree dies on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I stamped the tree stamps, centering them inside the tracings.   Once the embossing was done, I placed the tree die back over it's traced area and ran it though my die cutting machine.  This process allowed me to line up the stamps inside the die and eliminated any guesswork.

Here are some photos of the process:

I did the 5 large trees and am now working on the 5 smaller trees

I traced the die on my cardstock, stamped the trees in the center of the tracings and heat embossed.

Then I placed the die back over the tracings, taped it to the paper and cut it out.

Perfection every time.

  Here are the other dies I used on the card:

Peace -09247

Enjoy (cut off the "En" to get the word "joy") -09361

Accessory Words #3 (love) -09467

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That is brilliant...... so simple and makes perfect sense... which is why I couldn't think of doing this!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I absolutely love this card! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the gold and white. The embossing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete