Friday, December 11, 2015

A Partridge in a Pear Tree


I was working on making a partridge in a pear tree card when Kia on the Frantic Stamper design team posted her beautiful tag with the partridge and pear.  I had been trying to figure out how to use one of the Frantic Stamper tree dies with the pears and just couldn't get them to work together.  Then I saw Kia's tag and realized "I don't need to use a whole tree, just use a branch" like Kia did.  Thanks for the inspiration, Kia.

So I used the Bird on Pussywillow Branch die and inked the bird to look as much like a partridge as I could.  Frantic Stamper does have a partridge die but I don't own it.  I had one large pear from the Juicy Pears die set  already cut out of gold foil cardstock so I wanted to be sure to use that on my card somehow.  I cut the Stitched Oval out and embossed it with a leaf embossing folder.  Then I cut out two of the smaller pears with gold glitter paper.

Hopefully the background music sheet paper makes you think of the song "The 12 Days of Christmas" when seeing the partridge and pear tree.

This is another card I had made using the Juicy Pear die:


No comments:

Post a Comment