Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Who Remembers This?


Who remembers trucks like these:





The Frantic Stamper die called Bob's Old Truck can be cut in any combination of colors easily enough to mimic the real old trucks, even though I messed up and gave mine a white roof.

Other dies I used on my card are the Small Pine, Enjoy word die, Stitched Petal Squares and Rectangles, and the Die'Sire Embossing Folder called Knit One Pearl One which is also from the Frantic Stamper store.

My family never had a pickup truck; we always had station wagons.  With 7 kids, there's no way we could have 1) afforded an extra vehicle like a pickup and 2) fit everyone in it.  I remember taking trips with all 9 of us packed into a station wagon with no air conditioning driving all the way down the east coast from upstate NY to Florida in the summer.  I don't know how my parents ever put up with us driving all the way down there and back.  Thank goodness the trip back is always shorter, right?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I ordered Bob's old truck, vintage car and convertible roadster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these truck cards Ann - and I laugh remembering the days when "I" would go fetch the Christmas Tree - I can't count the number of accidents I almost caused.
    Oh, a thought for your hubby ... we too would love it if the juicy pears held a sack full of money - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the truck . I brought 2 different ones have a grandson want to color one when I was born and the other when his grandfather was born and write a letters to him on how we met. TM have a folder with tire tracks for .99 let me know if u wanted picture oi it.

    ReplyDelete