Sunday, March 27, 2016

Ecstasy Crafts: Blooming Hexagons



Hexagons seem to be so popular right now so I thought I would dig out my hexagon dies and try to make a card with them.  

To cut the black frames, I stacked the hexagon dies I wanted to use (they come in 1/8" increments so I used every other one) and taped them together with some painter's tape,   After the black frames were created, I adhered a piece of brightly colored cardstock to the back side of each frame and manually cut around them.  The other way to do this without cutting frames would be to cut one size of black hexagon then another one on dsp or cardstock with a hexagon that is two sizes smaller (to get a 1/4" frame) and adhere the smaller one on top of the larger one.

I thought the card needed a little more white to balance things out so I cut the smallest of the peonies and adhered it with a black pearl.

The background was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder but I could have used this one too.



All of these products are available at Ecstasy Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment