Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fern and Flower



This fern die, which is so intricate and detailed, is also really big (thus the reason I wanted it) so I had to pair it with a large flower.  The largest flower I have is the Large Layering Posies which is about 2.5" in diameter.  I also used two smaller flowers, the Medium Layering Posies and the Small Layering Posies.

To make the flower, I first inked around the edge of each layer with Old Paper distress ink.   Then I turned each petal over and rolled around the back side with a stylus on a foam mat and flipped each over and rolled just the centers with a larger stylus.  After this shaping was done, I rubbed on some Creative Expressions Pearl Moon Metallic Gilding Wax with my finger.  This is what gives the flower it's shine.  

I had never used gilding wax until I started designing cards for Ecstasy Crafts.  Now that I have used a few colors, I really like the shine without a mess and ordered more colors.

The card base is just a piece of handmade paper that has pieces of grass, leaves and other things mixed right into it.  You can also use this handmade paper.

All of the products  I used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Ann. I love that gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete