Saturday, March 5, 2016

Gilded Leaves


Today's card is very simple to make but looks very difficult.  I ran a piece of black cardstock through the Ecstasy Craft's Leaves embossing folder which gave a really high embossing.  Then I used a glue pen to wet the tops of all the embossed areas and rubbed on some Mulled Wine gilding flakes after the glue was tacky but not still real wet.

I found that any kind of glue pen works with these gilding flakes.  I've also found that, for me, the pad on a distress ink blending tool works well for buffing the excess flakes.   I remove the pad from the wooden handle and use the blue side for dry buffing and the white side if I need to spread some glue around to a larger area.


5 comments:

  1. So rich and elegant Ann - beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Any chance you might make a video detailing your technique? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job!!! Never thought about using embossing folders will have to give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Thank you for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, this is so gorgeous! I love that you painstakingly used the glue pen so diligently on the embossed leaves. Such a fantastic creation, and so so SOOOOOO beautiful! Have you ever considered adding labels to your blog? Your tutorials and tips are invaluable, and return traffic to your blog will increase. Thanks again for sharing your incredible card and technique! xx

    ReplyDelete