Saturday, March 12, 2016

Lattice Egg


I saw a similar card (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2505343) on SplitcoastStampers and knew it was something I would want to try to make some day.  Well, today was finally the day.

I started off with the Nested Eggs and cut the second largest into my card panel (this is an A2 card).  Then I ran the panel through my Cuttlebug using the Delicate Hearts EF.  This top panel would eventually be raised up with mounting foam.

To make the lattice part of the egg, I first traced the cut out egg opening from the top card panel onto a piece of pink cardstock that would be the A2 card base, making sure it was centered where I wanted it.  I wanted it to be lower on the card so I could fit the flowers and not be left with a lot of white space under the egg.  Next I used a ruler and drew very light pencil lines from one side of the embossed lattice to the other, right through the egg, in both directions. This would tell me where to place the 1/4" wide strips of white paper.  You don't have to line your strips up with the diagonals on the card, I just thought it added a little extra to it.





When adhering the strips, leave them long enough to hang off the edges of the egg but not too long.  You don't want them showing beyond your top white panel and you don't want to cut them too short so they show when looking at the egg.

Making the flowers was the really fun part because I mixed pink cardstock petals with white felt ones.  I used the Creative Expressions Perfect Peony Complete Petals die set which cut through the wool blend felt the first time.  After rolling the edges of the paper petals with a stylus and rubber mat for dimension, I painted on some Aurora Sparkle texture paste .   The leaves are made with the Creative Expressions Orange Blossom Leaves die.

The final step was to put the pearls on the lattice and flowers.

All of the products used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment