Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Peonies



 I had never found a perfect coordinating stamp / die set where the dies aligned with the stamps easily and cut without an excessive white border all around...........until now.   Creative Expressions has a stamp set called Shaded Peony that coordinates perfectly with their Perfect Peony Complete Petals die set.

You get 6 flowers and 3 leaves in both sets.  The stamps are so detailed and made of cling foam,  I had no trouble lining up the dies with the stamps the very first time I used them.  They are the perfect size to use on an A2 card.

To make the plaid background, I stamped  Hero Arts Soft Blossom Shadow Ink on the stamp called Anja's Plaid by Marianne design.  This is a 5x5 stamp so I laid the paper on top of the stamp and pressed all around with my fingers.  Then I embossed the stamped cardstock with the Knitting embossing folder by Marianne design to just give a little texture, even though it's hard to see.

 For the flowers,  I used the same Soft Blossom Shadow Ink to stamp the Shaded Peony stamps and cut them out with their coordinating dies.  To give the flowers some dimension, I used some very fine tweezers and pinched just the middle end of each petal, bending the paper upward around the tweezers.  The final step was to apply some Aurora Sparkle Cosmic Shimmer Textured Sparkle Paste to the very edges of each petal for some shine.  This textured sparkle paste comes in 30 different colors; I can see myself needing all of them.

To make the leaves, I used some Peeled Paint distress ink and stamped onto some light green cardstock, then rolled the back sides of the leaves with a stylus on a foam pad for more dimension.   The final step was to add the word "Smiles" which I layered and offset slightly.

This plaid stamp allows you to make your own gingham paper in any color of ink you have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment