Saturday, March 12, 2016

Stained Glass Roses


A neighbor of mine recently purchased a stained glass window with flowers in it.  When I started making this card, I knew I wanted to try to  mimic the stained glass window effect.

Using black cardstock, I cut out just the end flowers to the Rose Cutout Border die, cutting one twice.   Then I manually cut around those flowers to separate them from the rest of the die.  This is what the die looks like:


I adhered the die cuts to a piece of vellum and cut around the edges.  After coloring in the back of the vellum with various Copics, I then adhered each rose to a piece of double sided tape and cut around the outer edges once more.  This was the only way I could think of to adhere the roses to the transparency without having tape show through the vellum and ensuring a permanent stick.

The lattice frame was cut three times and layered on top of each other then raised up with mounting foam.  I backed the white frame with strips of light brown cardstock and cut a black mat for the inside of the frame.  The frame is mounted on a piece of white cardstock that is embossed with the Delicate Hearts embossing folder.

All of the products I used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.

1 comment: