Thursday, April 21, 2016

Aquila Daisy



Do you ever get a new die, use it once, then keep it on your desk thinking you need to use it again but in a different way?  That's how this card came about.

I used the Sue Wilson Mini Gemini Die - Aquila on a previous card where I angled it diagonally.  But after making that card, I really wanted to use the die horizontally on a card; it just took some time to figure out what other dies to use with it.

After finally figuring it out, I cut two of the Aquila die but thought they looked best if I left a small space between them.  I embossed a piece of cardstock with the Tattered Lace Lattice embossing folder set and placed that in between the two dies.  I actually used the long thin embossing folder that comes in the set:



Next came the focal point of the card.  I really am drawn to using ovals more than circles or rectangles on my cards, so I cut one of the ovals from the Sue Wilson Austrian Collection - Salzburg.


How pretty is that?  I can just see using the outer oval as stained glass on a future card.

Of course, I had to decide on what flower to put in the middle of the oval, but that wasn't difficult since I had a Sue Wilson Delicate Daisy already cut out and staring right at me on my desk.


The pearl flower centers I've been using on a lot of my flowers were ordered on ebay years ago.  I never really got to use them until now.  Ecstasy Crafts has a huge assortment of pearls in a variety of shapes and sizes that you can use.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.

All of the products used to make my card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.


I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp "Make It Girlie" challenge seen here:




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the pretty die cut border and oval. The pink and white are a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, like the way you used it on this card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Ann! I would not have thought of separating the two gemini dies like that - fantastic design! Thanks for sharing your inspiration again! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Such a lovely design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete