Friday, April 8, 2016

Butterflies in Flight: Sending Hugs



This new Sue Wilson die called Butterflies in Flight (CED1611) can be used in so many ways...........on my card I chose to cut it out with the frame that comes with it.  If you decide not to use the frame, then the die cut stays on the card and will not detach as in the photo below:



This is what the dies set looks like:


You get the four butterflies, the rectangular frame around the swirled area and the swirled area.  When you put the swirled area together with the frame, it totally detaches from your paper all in one piece as in the "Sending Hugs" card above.

To make my card, I first cut the swirled part of the Butterflies in Flight with the frame using blue glitter paper.  To make sure the frame came out centered perfectly all around the swirled part, I taped it in place with some temporary tape.  Then I cut out six butterflies on vellum that I colored with Copics.  I turned the glittered panel over and adhered four of the butterflies in their respective spots using a glue pen.  It was lot easier do this than piecing all the butterfly wings into the front of the frame.

After cutting out the "sending hugs" from the Frantic Stamper Accessory Words #3 (FRA9467), also in glitter paper, I mounted it all on a piece of white cardstock that was layered on a piece of blue glittered cardstock.  The overall card measures 5 x 6.5".

Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  You can also follow us on Facebook.



1 comment:

  1. These are lovely too Ann - I especially like the top one, it is the colours that are so striking ... wonderful work my friend.

    ReplyDelete