Thursday, April 7, 2016

Ecstasy Crafts: Green and Gold


When I was working on this card, I had the Sue Wilson Greek Collection - Background cut out and then I remembered I also had a Tattered Lace lattice embossing folder that might possibly fit inside the lattice of the die and it did, perfectly!  How often does that happen?

This is what the embossing folder looks like:


The size of the lattice is exactly the same size as the lattice on the Greek Collection Background die.  I cut some green cardstock to fit under the layer with the die then embossed it, sanded down the dots slightly, and adhered it under the top panel with some foam.  In order to get the lattice exactly where I wanted it to line up with the die, I held the die cut panel on top of the embossing folder and just moved the paper around inside the folder, looking through the top to line it up.

I used some Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Wax in Vintage Golden Green on the embossed leaves on the Greek Collection Background die cut, rubbing it on with a finger and also put some in Golden Light on the Tattered Lace Big Ferns.  Gilding Wax is a great way to add shine to your cards in a quick and non-messy way.  

The final step was to heat emboss Nellie's Choice Butterfly with white embossing powder onto some gold vellum that I adhered to a piece of white cardstock.  This butterfly stamp is super detailed and will also be great to color in with markers (future project).  Here is a close-up of the butterfly:



All of the products used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts

 Did you know Ecstasy Crafts brings in new product every month from various manufacturers?  An easy way to keep track of what is being added without missing anything is to subscribe to their newsletter.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! What an incredibly beautiful "golden" creation, Ann! Breathtaking, and lovely, I find the gold enhancements to be very captivating and the perfect touch in your elegant card. Quite a peaceful garden, and one I would enjoy strolling through any time. I could not find your Google Friend Connect, but am your newest follower via Bloglovin. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What an incredibly beautiful "golden" creation, Ann! Breathtaking, and lovely, I find the gold enhancements to be very captivating and the perfect touch in your elegant card. Quite a peaceful garden, and one I would enjoy strolling through any time. I could not find your Google Friend Connect, but am your newest follower via Bloglovin. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabulous EF Ann - pretty pretty - love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete