Sunday, April 10, 2016

Ecstasy Crafts: Masculine Lattice Oval Frame card


Trees have been known to be symbols of many things, some of which are strength, shelter, and security..........all of these things also represent Fathers.  This card could be used as a Father's Day card if you just include a stamp or die that says "Happy Father's Day".

I found a really interesting list of different tree types and their associated symbols here, if you are interested:  http://www.universeofsymbolism.com/tree-symbolism.html.

For my card, I used the Lattice Oval Frame on top of a black cardstock base.  When you cut out this Lattice Oval Frame die, the center oval cuts separately so it makes it easy to blend ink on it without getting ink on the frame itself.  The tree is the Lovely Leafy Tree.  Just two dies and some ink and the card was done.  Don't you love it when cards are that easy.

All of the products used on my card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.  You can also see all of the cards I make for Ecstasy Crafts on my Pinterest board here:  https://www.pinterest.com/yaleann7/ecstasy-crafts-cards-i-made/

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty design featuring the sheltering tree, Ann! I love that the colors surrounding the tree contrast with the black and white world "out there"! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL background! I love trees on cards, they're so majestic! Fabulous lattice die too, love how it frames your tree!

    ReplyDelete