Saturday, April 23, 2016

Lady Liberty



When I first saw the Sue Wilson Dandelion Clocks, I wondered how they would look as fireworks.  I've had this card idea in mind for a while and finally got the right dies to make it all come together.

I cut a variety of the dandelion clocks that didn't have the stems on them, in RWB.  For the background, I used an old Sizzix embossing folder that I have had for years and don't even know the name of it anymore but there is a different one at Ecstasy Crafts that would work great:

Ecstasy Crafts Ball Flowers embossing folder


I cut out the Statue of Liberty on a sage colored paper then rubbed on some Vintage Gold Green gilding wax to make it look old and tarnished.  I backed the statue with white paper and cut a thin border all around the edge so it would stand out against the black background.  I also used the San Francisco Cityscape die to give the card a little more dimension.

All of the products are available at Ecstasy Crafts.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! Thanks! Today, I actually used my SW D'clocks as a shining sun behind a tree! They really are versatile! Your fireworks look great! Hope your sale was a success today! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. very creative idea, they work great for fireworks!

    ReplyDelete