Friday, April 15, 2016

Michaelmas Daisy


Hi Everyone; it's Ann again with a very pink card.  I love pink, so naturally I use pink a lot on my cards, even Halloween and Christmas cards.

Today's card uses the Sue Wilson Canadian Collection - Background die.  That is what makes those adorable tiny flowers surrounded by pinprick lines.  I cut the panel out of pink paper and adhered it to a white card base.  I then cut the smaller die of the two in this set, the center rectangle one, on white paper and layered some pink paper behind it.

The flower I used is the Tattered Lace Michaelmas Daisy.  You get four different daisy dies in this set and they all layer perfectly on top of each other.   The largest of the daisy dies in this set is approximately 2.5" in diameter.   I like big flower dies but if you don't, you can always leave the big one off your flower and use the three smaller ones.

To assemble the flower,  I cut three of each of the three largest dies on pink paper and three of the smallest die on yellow paper.  I use three of each size because when I adhere them together, I stagger the petals slightly and three seem to fill all the empty spots between petals, making for a fuller daisy.

After the layers of daisy petals are cut out, I roll a stylus around the fronts and backs to give them a little dimension.  Then for the yellow center, I manually pull up on some of the top layered petals to give them a messy but fuller look.  The green leaves are the Small Leaves by Dee's Distinctively.

Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ann! OOOOOOOOH! Be still my heart! Ann, I have that SW die, and was trying to decide yesterday how best to use it. But NEVER did I think of using it the way you have, and I am in LOVE! Gorgeous creation, which I will likely case, and like you, I'm overly fond of (LOL) pink! There are so many shades of it, how can one ever tire of it? Thank you VERY much for the tut on the flowers - I am now going to get that die set - I love how it "flattens" for mailing, but is still so laden with delicate texture! Thank you, Ann, for getting me jump started today! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete