Saturday, April 16, 2016

Stacking your die multiple ways



This card is the result of my attempt to try to make the card below:

Delfina Layer Set

The above card is made using a set of 3 layering dies which cost over $70.00.  My card was made using just one die, different from the ones used on the above card.

I used the Frantic Stamper Saharan Screen Card Panel for the background.   I started off by cutting two of this with gold glittered cardstock and one with a teal colored cardstock.

Notice how thick the gold looks with two layers slightly offset from each other.

I used a dark blue glitter cardstock for the back behind these layers:


I tried to offset the teal top layer to show as much of the gold layer as possible.


Here are other ways to line them up for a totally different look:









The flower is the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies Complete Petals.  I used the 3 dies that have 8 petals.  After the flowers were cut out, I rolled a stylus around just the tips on the back side, flipped them over and then rolled the stylus around the centers, pushing down fairly hard.


I adhered the medium sized on to the largest one, offsetting the petals, then laid the smallest one on top of those, lining up the petals with the biggest flower on the bottom.  I think this gives it a realistic looking daisy.




It only took three layers of the daisy petals to make the flower.  I can see using this die set on a lot of my cards.

This "Mom" die is available and could have been used.  



Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to check out all of the wonderful products for your cards at Ecstasy Crafts.

www.EcstasyCrafts.com



5 comments:

  1. Ann, thank you SO MUCH for a fabulously documented tutorial, and such great ideas! I'm jazzed about the technique, especially now that you have shown it, and am looking forward to trying it out. Your cards are LOVELY! I also really like the changes in textures in the three layers of your backgrounds. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific examples on all of these, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab effect you have created, it makes such a lovely background!
    A really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann, these are beautifully done! What a fabulous combination of colors and papers you've used to get that great look at so much less than the cost of the other dies. You're a creative genius and your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is amazing and inspiring and beautiful! After visiting you and Donna I'll have to see what I might have that I can do this with. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete