Sunday, May 1, 2016

A Daisy for Mom



I am really loving this Delicate Daisies die set by Sue Wilson.  It makes the most realistic daisies ever.  So when I saw the Bold Daisy embossing folder by Darice, I knew I had to pair the two together.

The center panel of the card is made by coloring Copic markers to the back side of a piece of acetate for a stained glass look.  I wanted to try to get even more light through my card so I also cut out a window through the top of the card base.  This is what the inside of the card looks like to let the light through:


I cut a small daisy and centered it on the stained glass panel which I adhered a piece of lattice to from the Sue Wilson Lattice Window.


Isn't it nice when a card comes together so easily for you?  It really makes a difference when you have the right dies and other tools.

Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 




click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG








1 comment:

  1. woooo! such a lovely card! I especially like that you used traditional, beautiful shapes and combined them with something more contemporary, like the stained glass down the center! BEAUTIFUL all the way, Ann! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete