Monday, May 9, 2016

Brown and Blue with Lattice Too


I really needed to get out of my lavender and pink mode and start making cards with other colors, thus the result of today's card.

I used the Frantic Stamper Saharan Screen Card Panel for the white lattice type background and framed it with a blue frame from the Elementals #1 Basic Shapes.  I like this Elementals set for the simple reason that it contains a frame die that perfectly fits an A2 card.  I don't have to tape two rectangle dies together in order to get the frame.  Just cut it out and the frame is done on it's own.  How nice is that?  



The outside dimensions of the blue frame are 3 3/4 by 5" so it fits nicely on an A2 card, leaving a 1/4" frame all around it on the front of the 4  1/4 x 5 1/2 brown card.  I wish someone would come out with a  frame die that is the next size smaller, that is 3 1/4 x 4 1/2" and then one even smaller being 2 3/4" x 4".  That would make layering frames so easy and eliminate guesswork in cutting your frames.

The center of the card is made using the Sue Wilson Californian Collection - Beverly Hills which I backed with white paper and then cut out manually around it.  I layered this on a blue stitched oval and put a tiny blue Delicate Daisy Complete Petal flower in the center.  For the leaves I used the Dee's Distinctively Small Pair of Leaves.


Thanks for stopping by.  All of the products used to make my card are available at Ecstasy Crafts

.



No comments:

Post a Comment