Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Camping with Dad


Scene cards are one of my favorite to make.   I had made a similar card to this one about 6 months ago but wanted to update it and add more to it.   Isn't it cool how the flash on the camera lights up the top of the RV, making it look like the sun is shining on it?

My memories of spending time with my father are all about camping.  He would take us on camping trips with the pull along RV right up until we were in high school.  My family  got too big and outgrew the RV.  Here's a picture of me and my sisters when we were younger, camping with Dad:
What was Dad thinking?  No lifejackets?  Dad had served in the Navy and wasn't afraid of the
water at all, but we sure were.  Don't we look it?

All the fish we caught.  The boy and one girl are neighbor campmates.

Started camping in a tent first.


Graduated to a pop-up trailer and sold the rowboat. 

Love this picture of my Mom.  I'm the one looking scared (with short hair) right up against my Dad.  Totally afraid of heights and we were on top of a mountain in Lake George.

When the two younger brothers were born, that made 7 kids.  Had to sell the pop-up and get a pull along RV.  So many memories camping in that RV.


For my card, I used all Frantic Stamper dies:  








The stamp is an old one I had but I can't wait to get my hands on the new set called All in The Family.  It has some great stamps on it.

All of the products used on my card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.




2 comments:

  1. Wow I thought my family of 6 kids was a lot, we use to always go camping too on our vacations, I think with a large family it was much more economical to camp for vacations, we had half in tents and the younger kids slept with mom and dad in the pop up camper :) those were the days :) Love the little scene you came up with for your card, I bet it brought back many great memories, great job!

    ReplyDelete