Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Orange Blossoms


When I saw the Orange Blossom Complete Petals die by Sue Wilson, it reminded me of a time my family drove from Upstate New York all the way down to Florida with 7 kids and two parents in a station wagon without air conditioning in order to go to Disney World for April vacation.

What did orange blossoms have to do with this vacation?  On this very long drive to Florida was the only time in my life that I've seen orange orchards.   They were so stunning from the main highway with all the beautiful flowers on the trees.  Then when we finally got to the campground we were staying at (yes, all 9 of us slept in a 21' pull along RV, again with no air conditioning), our campsite was right next to an orange orchard.

The blossoms were so fragrant and amazing to look at.  Each had just 5 single petals that curled under at the ends.  Here is a picture of a real orange blossom, which I used as inspiration to make my card:




To offset the white petals on the white background, I brushed on some watered down Ocean Blue Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Ink.  

All of these products are available at Ecstasy Crafts.




1 comment:

  1. Ann, I can smell your orange blossoms all the way here in Florida! Beautiful card with the tropical pools of color behind the pretty flowers! So lovely! All your designs are so uniquely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete