Monday, June 6, 2016

Barley Grass



I had only seen this Tattered Lace Barley Grass used in it's real color -- wheat, so I decided to make it into a silhouette more or less using some black paper.

To start, I cut one of the largest dies in the Sue Wilson Californian Collection -- Basic Frames (set A) in black and the frame die in the Sue Wilson Californian Collection - Hollywood in white.

I took some Fresh Grass and Ocean Blue Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Ink and applied it to the white layer to give an ocean and sky kind of effect.  The moon is just a 1" circle painted with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora Sparkle Texture Paste.

The white background that is on top of the black card base was made using two of the Sue Wilson Lattice Window die covered with a rectangular piece of cardstock that I embossed with the Nellie's Choice Swirls-1 embossing folder.

All of these products are available at Ecstasy Crafts.






1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, I love the texture that you have given to the moon, loving this base die with all it's swirls and the barley looks great as a silhouette!

    ReplyDelete