Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Best Friends


I would never put a lawn flamingo in my yard, but using them on a card is something I can do.  I cut one flamingo then another reverse one and positioned them so they formed a heart with their necks.

The background die is a combination of Sue Wilson's Californian Collection Hollywood (white part) layered on top of the Sue Wilson Californian Collection Decorative Frames Set B (black frame).  To get the green hilly area, I cut just a part of the Hollywood frame in green then cut the top of it with one of the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers and simply layered the green on top of the white.

The sun was made using a yellow and an orange cut of the Sue Wilson Dandelion Clocks.  It is supposed to look as if the sun is coming up over the hill.

The trunks of the palm trees were cut on sandable paper.  I folded each trunk at the start of a new section and then sanded just the fold.  The leafy part of the trees were cut once then cut again and layered together with foam tape.

"Best Friends" was stamped on the hill and  is part of the Pretty Posies clear stamp set.

All of the products that I used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.



4 comments:

  1. I saw this on FB Ann - how fun this scene is. Great card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on FB Ann - how fun this scene is. Great card my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I so admire your talent, skill, and imagination when it comes to creating scenes with die cuts. This is cute and pretty! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun summer scene, creative with those die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete