Thursday, June 9, 2016

Geared Up


The shine on this card is created by rubbing Pearl Moon Metallic gilding wax on top of the inked and embossed paper.  Gilding Wax comes in container that allows you to rub a finger across the top of the wax then onto your cardstock, lace and other materials to highlight texture or add shine.
 It also brings out the embossing on dark cardstock as shown below:

Blush gilding wax on black paper


Gilding Wax comes in a wider variety of colors than ever before.  These are some of the new color choices:


Aren't these new spring colors beautiful?




To make my card, I rubbed a variety of blending inks on a piece of white cardstock, embossed the cardstock with the embossing folder in my Cuttlebug, then rubbed on the gilding wax.  Gilding wax goes on dry so then I immediately adhered the two feathers and the computer generated word "happy".

Other products used to make this card:

Embossing folder similar toCheery Lynn Gears Embossing Plate


All of these products are available at Ecstasy Crafts. 




3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Thanks for educating me about this product! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a impressive effect using the gilding wax. I love using my embossing folders too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shine it gives, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete