Sunday, June 12, 2016

Lighthouse Cards


This was not intended to be a scene card but somehow my mind gravitates toward that type of card when thinking of how to use certain dies.

The lighthouse die is what threw me for a loop.  I thought it had stripes cut into it but found out they were not cut lines but embossed areas.  I still like this as a silhouette and will try to use it in other ways soon.

I used the following dies and stamps from Ecstasy Crafts:

Ecstasy Crafts Dazzling Sunburst Embossing Folder (Sorry, this is no  longer available.  See the cards below for another way to make this card without the embossing folder).





Celebration Clear Stamp Set

As I mentioned earlier, the Ecstasy Crafts Dazzling Sunburst embossing folder is no longer available.  I was so sad to learn of this because I really loved this bigger folder which worked great for 5 x 7 cards. 

 So to remake my card without using that folder, I used the Frantic Stamper Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel.  This card panel is much smaller than the embossing folder in my first card, so the remake card is only an A2 size (4.25 x 5.5"):


When using the Sun Rays Card Panel, I was able to get two cards out of one cut since the bottom portion gets hidden by the waves.


Did you know that Ecstasy Crafts gets new product in every month from a variety of their manufacturers?  Just click on "Shop by New Product" on their menu bar to see the most recently released materials.




8 comments:

  1. I love all of your cards Ann, but my favourite is the first one using the embossing folder. You have a wonderful way of creating a scene, these cards are stunning.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Janice. I am really going to miss this embossing folder with it's bigger size.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful, love scenic cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layers are fantastic my friend .... love these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are incredible, Ann. So glad you followed your instincts and allowed this scene to emerge! It is not only beautiful, but inspired. Lovely water colors. Truly remarkable use of the dies. Ann, I have learned so much from you. Thanks for sharing your talent. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is beautiful scene, you do such a wonderful job with your scenes, lovely layering and great embossing for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, these are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete