Saturday, June 4, 2016

Two New Drivers on the Road

I have two nephews who are turning 16 in May.  One lives in the rural part of upstate New York and the other lives closer to a major city in Connecticut.  I made these cards for my nephews who both just got their driving permits.



This card is for "The New Country Driver".


This card is for "The New City Driver".

The card I made for my nephew who lives near the city reminds me of a time when my parents took my family on a trip to NYC one summer.  It was around 1978 or so.  My father drove a blue Chevy station wagon; it wasn't a Woody one like on my card, but it was still a station wagon.  It had a rear third seat where, if your stomach could tolerate it,  you could face backwards and look out the rear window.  

Dad decided to drive the whole family (9 of us) in the station wagon to NYC to do some sightseeing.   To make the story short, we ended up getting lost when trying to leave the city and ended up in the Bronx at night.

Products used to make the first card include:






For the second card I used the following dies in addition to the tree dies above:



These cards were fun to make since the recipients are my nephews.

Ann



Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 




click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG

5 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous cards for your nephews Ann, you've created perfect scenes for them both! The dies you have chosen to build the scenes match the differnent parts of the US they live in perfectly.
    I love your family story too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are really fun Ann, along with the story, giggles! The detail on your cards is fabulous. Love the city one with the tall buildings behind. It feels like a Sunday drive. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are really fun Ann, along with the story, giggles! The detail on your cards is fabulous. Love the city one with the tall buildings behind. It feels like a Sunday drive. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, I don't know how you do it! It's just not in me to think up such designs, and yours are not only interesting, but BEAUTIFUL with the different textures of papers, and the variety of colors and shapes. Wonderful designs! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ann these are both just fabulous! LOVE the little scenes you've created ... so clever! What wonderful childhood memories you have evoked! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete