Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sue Wilson's Ray of Light as a Stencil


In the previous two posts, I showed some cards using the Sue Wilson Ray of Light die as a die.

Today I want to share how to use the Ray of Light die as a stencil to create a card like the one above.

First, I taped the die face up onto a piece of 4x6 white cardstock.  I used the die face side up because it allowed me to get into the open spaces easier than if I tried it from the back side.


I started off using some Cosmic Shimmer  Scarlet Woman Colour Cloud Blending Ink and a finger dauber, rubbing the dauber into the larger openings around the circle area in the die.  Once the larger areas were covered with ink, I then used a tiny pointed ink tool (I call it a paper pencil) to get the ink down into the skinny lines.  After using the Scarlet Woman ink, I switched to an orange pumpkin color and then finally to yellow.


After the inking was done, I lightly spritzed the paper with water and let the inks run a bit then dried it with a heat gun.  I wanted to use some new Frosty Aqua Gilding Wax I had just gotten so I gently rubbed some on with my finger, staying close to the outer edge of the paper.  I also had some new Frosty Blossom Gilding Wax so I rubbed that over the area that I had inked with Scarlet Woman ink.  To make the gilding wax shine even more, I polished the paper by rubbing gently over the gilding wax areas with a soft cloth.

To finish the card, I cut out a few hills using the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers and manually made a small cross to put on top of the hill.

This card has so much shine to it IRL.  I love these new Gilding Wax colors.

For more inspiration, visit the Gallery at Ecstasy Crafts or go to my Pinterest board.  All the products I used to make this card are available at Ecstasy Crafts.



2 comments:

  1. Ann, this is so gorgeous!! This die is definitely on my wish list!! I love how you've used in on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors, neat job you are doing with that gilding wax!

    ReplyDelete