Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sue Wilson's Ray of Light -- Day 1



Sue Wilson's new  Ray of Light die cuts out the rays while leaving half of them still attached, and it also embosses lines and dots on the rays, giving the rays some amazing detail.  This can be seen better in the card below where I used a neutral color of paper:




To make the above card,  I took a piece of glossy photo paper and dabbed on a variety of alcohol inks to get the orange and red splotches.  Then I dabbed on some of the metallic gold alcohol ink over the top of those two colors.  Since alcohol ink dries immediately, I was able to cut the Ray of Light die onto my alcohol inked paper right away.   This gave me the top layer for my card, which I raised up with foam tape.

The gold layer underneath is a piece of cardstock that I covered with Creative Expressions Golden Light Metallic Gilding Wax.  I simply dabbed my finger in the wax pot and then rubbed it all over the paper until the entire piece was evenly coated.  To get even more shine, I then polished the paper with a soft cloth.  Gilding wax easily washes off your fingers with soap and water.

The butterfly embellishments are from the Sue Wilson Butterflies in Flight.  I cut them on gold foil paper and embossed them with a stylus while the paper was still in the die.  I added a few black rhinestones to the bodies of the butterflies and the card was done.

Thanks for stopping by.  

Did you know Ecstasy Crafts has an Inspiration Gallery?  Click here to see a huge variety of cards:



3 comments:

  1. Oh Ann, I love this Sue Wilson die and your fabulous cards! I always feel like I leave here with a bigger wish list than I had before I came. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so pretty, you can really see the detail in the first card, great job on the rays in the second, Love the AI background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ann - these are fabulous. I love the colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete