Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Day to Play


Do you ever have a lull in time where you are waiting for new dies or stamps to come in?  I decided to take today off from making a card with just dies like I normally do and make one using some mixed media product that was sitting on my desk.

To start off, I used a variety of  pink, orange and yellow blending inks on a piece of white cardstock.  Then I stamped and heat embossed the center flower with white embosing powder and stamped some of the ball flowers to look like baubles.  Next I mixed some Aurora Sparkle Texture Paste with some pink Colour Cloud Blending Ink to turn the paste pink and applied it through the Mini Squares stencil.  When that was dry, I then used the same stencil and inked through it with a variety of  pink and orange Blending Inks without any texture paste.

The final step was to run the paper through the Nellie's Choice Swirls embossing folder with a diffuser* so I wouldn't get the embossing around the center area of the card where my white flower is.   I used some Pearl Moon metallic gilding wax on top of the swirls then adhered a few sequins.

This card is pretty striking IRL with the sparkle texture paste, sparkle sequins, and metallic gilding wax.  The best part was that it allowed me to try making a mixed media type of card which isn't normal for me.

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Let's Go Wild Challenge which can be seen here:

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-lets-go-wild/

All of these products are available at Ecstasy Crafts.














*A diffuser is used with embossing folders to put pressure only where it is wanted.  You can make your own diffuser by cutting an oval, square, or circle, etc.  in the center of a piece of chipboard that is the size of your paper.  Put the diffuser on top of your embossing folder with the paper inside the folder and it will emboss everything BUT the area cut out in the center (the oval, circle, etc).



2 comments:

  1. If nature could decorate for birthday parties, this would be how! A wonderful mixed media card, Ann, with fantastic combination of textures! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty! What a neat background! Thanks so much for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete