Friday, August 5, 2016

Follow Your Dreams


A lot of my card making inspiration comes from my memories growing up as a child in a family of nine.  I grew up in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York and going to the Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival was a favorite annual event for my family.

Here are some photos from the most recent Adirondack Hot Air Balloon Festival which I flew home to attend last year:


A turtle and a panda bear


A strawberry way in the background


Darth Vader's head


Elephant


Elephant

Okay, back to the details of my card..............

I used the Stitched Cloud Edgers as tree lines and the Frantic Stamper Hot Air Balloon.  Don't those Cloud Edgers work perfectly as trees?

For even more inspiration, check back daily to see what the other design team ladies are working on:

Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 




click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and fun pictures! I love reading about your sweet memories as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous scene, Ann! The tree tops do remind me of the northern forests, especially in late Spring! Talk about a lot of fun, bold, VERY HAPPY colors! Your balloon is just that! Fantastic inlaying and the black pops out the other colors beautifully (pun intended). Love your "happiness" card of memories!

    Wow! Thanks for sharing your photos! We used to have a winter festival here, but our weather patterns became to unpredictable in the last decade.

    Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hot air balloon die, and the stitched clouds, fabulous card! I took my husband on a hot air balloon ride a few years ago for his birthday, it was a fantastic experience! I can imagine a balloon festival must be very interesting to see too!

    Great photos with some amazing balloons!

    ReplyDelete