Sunday, August 7, 2016

For You



It's Ann here with a card I needed to make so I could give my nephew some money for his college books come next semester.  Zach is studying Pharmacy at WVU, and even though he has a scholarship to help pay for tuition, anyone with children in college knows how expensive books have gotten over the years.  

When I was browsing through the Dies R Us Store, I came across this embossing folder by Darice called School Books.  I have to admit it sat on my desk for a few months before I knew what I wanted to do with it.  I guess you can say I work better under pressure, and since Zach is going back to college in a few weeks, I knew I was running out of time.

Darice EF School Books


I decided to replace the apple on the embossing folder with the Owl by Impression Obsession.  I cut one book and the pencil  from the embossing folder and raised it up with foam and also raised the owl with foam to get a more dimensional look.  I left off the graduation cap but this owl would make a cute graduation card as well.
Impression Obsession Owl


The words "for you" are from the Frantic Stamper Accessory Words #2 and the Accessory Words #3.   
Accessory Words #2
Accessory Words #3

Be sure to check back daily to see what the other design team ladies have created.
Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 




click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG

1 comment:

  1. Your nephew certainly will appreciate the book-aid, Ann! Your loving card looks fantastic! I have never thought of embossing twice - once for the background and once for fussy cutting and dimensionalizing! Beautifully designed.... It's fun, yet grown up, serious, yet full of smiles! Congratulations to your family! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete