Friday, August 19, 2016

Hello Friend



On the 3rd Thursday of every month, Ellen Hutson has a Pinterest board challenge.  I'm entering this card in the August Challenge which has this Pinterest board as the inspiration:

AugustPinsights

I liked the soft pink and brown tones so I made my card using Spun Sugar and Antique Linen Distress Inks.  I tapped the ink pads on my craft sheet, spritzed the area with water and swiped a piece of glossy photo paper through the inks to create the background.

Since you also have to use an Essentials by Ellen product, I pulled out the Brushstroke Hello by Julie and combined it with the "Friend" stamp which is part of the Amazing Women stamp set also by Julie.  The "Hello" is cut out on white cardstock four times and layered on top of a kraft colored one.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look -- Ann




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ann! Beautiful interpretation of the pinspiration tiles! Lovely and feminine, and very sweet! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried this technique with glossy paper, only regular cardstock, this is such great inspiration to give it a try, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete