Friday, August 26, 2016

Shore Birds at Night


I'm entering this card in the Impression Obsession "A Day at the Beach" blog challenge which can be found here:


These are the dies I used:







To make the sun, I swiped some glossy photo paper through various distress inks that I spritzed with water on my craft sheet.  Then after cutting out the Sunburst Background die on that same piece of glossy paper, I applied some glue to the back of the paper, leaving it in the die.  I only glued the actual rays that would normally come out and not on the skinny spokes.  Then I took a piece of aqua cardstock and rubbed in on to the glue that was on the back of the sunburst die.  After rubbing all over to get the rays to stick to the aqua paper, I then carefully pulled off  the skinny spokes from between each ray, exposing the aqua paper behind it.

I could have just cut the sunburst on the aqua paper and adhered it to the inked glossy cardstock but I was going for a slightly different look this time.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek -- Ann





12 comments:

  1. Another AWESOME card, Ann!! I LOVE the background and the extra tips you provide!! This will be a fun card to remake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann, this is so beautiful! What a stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. That means a lot coming from such a great designer like yourself.

      Delete
  3. OMG!! I'm Back!! LOL I pushed send before I remembered I had questions. :)

    1. Is glossy photo paper the same as glossy cardstock?

    2. Do you remember which distress inks you used to create the background?

    3. What did you use to outline/highlight the water and sand? Distress inks? A certain color?

    Thank you so much for your ongoing help. You are such an AWESOME mentor to me!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy......in response to your questions, 1) yes, glossy photo paper is the same as glossy cardstock in most cases. The Tim Holtz glossy paper is the same, some might be very thin. I can't use the 4x6 photo paper in my printer anymore so I have a lot of it to recycle. 2) ripe persimmon, spiced marmalade, mustard see. Start with darkest first to lightest. Let each dry before swiping through the next color 3)distress inks to ink the edges of the water and shoreline -- vintage photo and broken china.
      Thanks for leaving your comments. It means a lot.

      Delete
  4. Swoon! Another incredible beach scene. Gorgeous sunset hues and beautifully designed, Ann. I especially like the sparkling sequins! Huggers, de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment Donna. I know how time consuming it can be when we all follow so many other blogs. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. They are both fabulous Ann ... I am wowed by the colours and your design, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kia. They were really fun to make

      Delete
  6. Pretty good post. Love this post for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the wonderful bright colors and how you used the Sunburst die.

    ReplyDelete