Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wedding Anniversary Card



My parent's 57th wedding anniversary is coming up in September.  Married in 1959, my parents have 7 children and 14 grandchildren.

I knew I wanted an embossed background on my card and one that would work well with gilding wax, so I took out my Sue Wilson Dotty Daisy 8.5 x 11 folder which is my favorite folder when using gilding wax.

After embossing the light aqua cardstock in the folder, I rubbed Frosty Aqua Metallic Gilding Wax over the entire panel.  A little gilding wax goes a long way.  I rubbed it on fairly heavily so it would get into the flat spots between all the flowers to accentuate them even  better.

After cutting out the 5 and 7 from an old die set I have, I cut out the scalloped oval and frame with the Sue Wilson Frames & Tags Grace.  This is what the die set looks like:

Sue Wilson Die Grace

I chose to use the Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies for my flowers.  I applied some Golden Light Metallic Gilding Wax to the two larger daisies and used some Ocean Blue Blending Ink on the others.  For the flower centers, I used the centers that come in the Sue Wilson Orange Blossom set.


Sue Wilson Die - Orange Blossom - Complete Petals



The final step was to adhere some leaves which were cut from the Dee's Distinctively Small Pair of Leaves:

Dee's Distinctively Dies - Sm. Pair Leaves

All of the products highlighted above are available at the Ecstasy Crafts Store.





3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Ann! How wonderful for your parents to be celebrating 57 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! gorgeously done, Ann! I love that EF, and your design is beautiful. Congratulations to your parents, and to your family! So wonderful to have 6 siblings and lots of their children, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the blue and gold combinations, a very Happy Anniversary to your parents!!

    ReplyDelete