Friday, September 30, 2016

A Birthday Card for Katelyn


My 14 year old niece has a birthday coming up in October.  I bought this Darice embossing folder at Joann Fabric and immediately loved all the areas that could be filled in with gel pens.

While at Joann Fabric, I also noticed their gel pens were all 50% off so I picked up these Souffle ones  by Sakura that work great on dark colors.  They dry a lot lighter than they go on but that was okay.

I ran some silver foiled card stock through the embossing folder in my Cuttlebug then went to work on coloring it in.  I may have to give Katelyn the pens I used and some of the embossed card stock because I know she is going to want to try it herself.

Luckily Katelyn doesn't follow my blog so it's safe to post this here (I hope).  

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann

3 comments:

  1. You are so knowledgeable when it comes to combining techniques and mediums, Ann! Your niece will be thrilled with this Cloisonné style creation. That you will gift her with the necessary goodies to make more is a wonderful idea! Beautiful card! Your impeccable coloring and choices of color really bring out the dimension! Whenever I finally grow up, I wanna be like you, Miss Artiste! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is gorgeous, never thought to color on the foil cardstock, but those pens worked great on it, she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is beautiful! I would have never thought of colouring in the embossing folders. Now you have given me another idea. Thank You so much in being to creative and sharing your beautiful works of art.

    ReplyDelete