Monday, September 12, 2016

Collecting Seashells 1


Couture Creations has a new embossing folder called Collecting Seashells.

This is what the folder looks like:

Couture Creations -Embossing Folder Collecting Sea Shells


To make my card, I spritzed two pieces of water color paper lightly with water and embossed them in the Collecting Seashells folder.  By spritzing your paper, you will get a much deeper embossing, as long as you use fairly thick paper that won't rip.

I embossed two papers so I could cut out just the biggest shells from one of them to adhere to the other.

I rubbed on some Creative Expressions Frosty Blossom gilding wax with my finger to cover the entire embossing on both of the papers.  Then I used some watered down brown ink and brushed it on just one of the papers very heavily.  This filled in any white spaces that weren't embossed.  I was going for a pinkish brownish look to the card, similar to what some seashells look like.

Creative Expressions Gilding Wax Colours by Phill Martin
Gilding Wax

The extra shells that are cut out were not painted with the brown ink.   I only used the brown around the edges to make them stand out a little better.

Here's a close-up of the extra shells that I manually cut out after putting the gilding wax on them:


There's a lot you can do with this embossing folder.  My next post will show you a totally different way to use it.

All of these products were purchased at the Ecstasy Crafts store.



Thanks for stopping by -- Ann


2 comments:

  1. So cool, great colors in the background embossing and such a neat idea to cut them out along the bottom and the wax is so great on them, perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete