Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ecstasy Crafts: Scenic Fall Card



Marianne Design has a new Creatables die that has become my favorite die for making Fall cards.  It comes with both the spiderweb circle frame and two leaves that are loaded with detail.  It is the Leaf Doily die:



In addition, it cuts out beautifully for being such an intricate die with all those little pieces in the spiderweb.   The little triangular shapes that are just inside the spiderweb do not cut out; they only emboss, but they look like pieces of candy corn to me.

To  make the trees on the card, I used the Frantic Stamper Lollipop Trees.  The backgrounds for the trees were made using Anja's Plaid Clear Stamp by Marianne Design.  The hills are made with the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers.  I also used a circle die that was just slightly bigger than the one that comes in the Leaf Doily set so I could get a bigger scene inside the frame.  I used the largest circle in the Frantic Stamper Pinprick Circles.

To make the leaves, I cut them out on colored cardstock then went over the lines with distress markers.  I rounded them with a stylus on a foam mat and adhered them with foam tape.

I'm addicted to using this Leaf Doily die now.  It's so easy to use and there are tons of ideas flowing through my head on what to do next with it.  I'll most likely have another card posted in a day or two with this same die.

All of these products are available at the Ecstasy Crafts store.




2 comments:

  1. What a sweet, fun, Autumn themed card, Ann! Beautifully nostalgic with the leaf doily, and so pretty with those incredible colors! I especially like that the theme is inside the doily! Hope you are enjoying a great week! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern papers you used for the trees, sky and grass, terrific framing!!

    ReplyDelete