Sunday, September 18, 2016

Framing the Breeze Two Ways


Ecstasy Crafts has this new embossing folder by Couture Creations called Framing the Breeze:

Couture Creations - Embossing Folder - Framing the Breeze

The folder is part of a new collection that has really pretty nautical paper and other embossing folders too.  I used this same embossing folder on both of my cards but ended up with a totally different look.

Let's talk about the first card:


My eye was immediately attracted to the embossing in the corners of this folder.  I was thinking I could use some gilding wax on the embossing to really accentuate it but I decided to use some distress ink on most of it (only because my green gilding wax didn't seem dark enough) and only used Golden Light gilding wax around the circle and Vintage Berry on what I call "the corner flowers".  

To make the card, I embossed two pieces of gold paper and one piece of white paper.  One of the gold pieces became the frame around the white paper, and the other piece I used to cut out the corners.

The ornament was colored by simply swiping a piece of white paper through some watered down ink on my craft sheet.  I topped the ornament with a bow and added the gem.

On to the second card:


I originally wanted to make a scene in the center of the port hole but it just didn't look right so I decided to make a shaker card.  I used Golden Light gilding wax on the corners only this time.  The center circle was inked with some Antique Linen distress ink and the embossed background was inked with Stormy Sky.  "Hurry Home" was computer generated with the thought that this card could be from a child hoping their Navy Mom or Dad would be home soon.

The anchor and wheel are from the Frantic Stamper Nautical Icons set.

TIP:  If you are using gilding wax and accidentally get some on an area where it shouldn't be, you can usually sand it off if it's accessible with a piece of sandpaper or nail file.

All of these products are available at the Ecstasy Crafts store.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful embossing folder, Ann, and so imaginatively used! Lovely cards! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous! Is that all from one embossing folder? There's so much depth, especially on the photo corners!!

    ReplyDelete