Sunday, September 11, 2016

Glorious Fall


Ecstasy Crafts has some new dies in that are just glorious!  I especially love the Marianne Design Leaf Doily set.  You get the leaves that are super detailed and leave such nice veins in the paper, and then you also get the spiderweb doily which I've already used on several cards on my blog.


They also have the prettiest colors of gilding wax so I ordered a bunch in fall colors:  Amethyst, Cast Bronze, Vintage Berry and Golden Light.  I originally was going to used the gilding wax over the leaf embossed background but decided to make my own background paper with the waxes instead.  I rubbed on the four colors mentioned above sporadically over the piece of white paper.  Then I used some water based orange ink and covered the entire paper with the ink, letting it saturate the paper.  This filled in the specs that were showing behind the gilding wax.  


TIP:  If you don't have a machine that will take an 8x11 embossing folder, you can cut the folder down to a size that will fit into your machine.  Simply take one of the plates from your machine, place it on top of the embossing folder and carefully cut around the plate with a craft knife.  Just make sure to leave the fold at the top of the embossing folder in tact. 

Now that I see how pretty the background paper came out, I can't wait to try it with other colors of the gilding wax and inks.

I also used these dies from Ecstasy Crafts on my card:





If you are in the market for some fall leaf dies, I highly recommend the ones that come in the Marianne Design Leaf Doily set.




To color the leaves, I used a variety of water based inks such as the Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Inks.    I spritzed the leaves first with water to wet them then inked the leaves using a Smoothie.    When the leaves were dry, I went over the veins with some water based markers and spritzed the leaves with water again.

For the pumpkin, I cut it out of water color paper and painted it with water based inks.  I cut two out so I could use just the center oval from one and place it on top of the first pumpkin to get more dimension.  

I can't wait to see what new products Ecstasy Crafts is going to add to their collection this month.  








3 comments:

  1. Ann, I just love this! The colors are fabulous! I've never used wax colors... now I'm on the hunt to find them. Thanks for being the ever enabling friend. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous...so many things here I think I need! That doily and that pumpkin! Gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is just Gorgeous, and that spider is just too cute with it, love what you are doing with that wax!

    ReplyDelete