Friday, October 7, 2016

Fall Birthday Card



One of my sisters has a birthday 6 days before Halloween but I never make a Halloween card for her birthday.  It just doesn't seem right even though when we were kids, my mother always had a Halloween decorated birthday party for my sister.  That's probably because she already had the house decorated for us for Halloween.  My mother was so good at doing artsy things like that.  She would make her own decorations for the house.  Boy do these photos bring back memories.  This is circa 1967 - 1968.




To make my card, I used the Impression Obsession Small Leaf set (DIE 095) and the Birthday Label stamp (A5144).  I colored a few pieces of watercolor paper with distress inks then cut out the leaves.


    

I'm entering this card in the Impression Obsession Challenge:  Fall Birthdays.  


3 comments:

  1. Aw, how cute the 3 of you were! And still are! Lovely card with the softness of autumn leaves gently gracing those who care to view them. Beautiful design, and I know your sister will be grateful for the card to not be a Halloweenie theme creation! Happy Fall! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so pretty, love the different patterns on the leaves. My great nephews birthday is right on halloween, I do end up doing a fall card but try not to do anything like Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so sweet. I love your leaves. The pictures are so precious.

    ReplyDelete