Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Lavatera -- 2 Cards




Ecstasy Crafts has this beautiful Lavatera red rubber cling stamp in their Frog's Whiskers collection:


 For the above card, I sponged some Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue directly onto the stamp then rubbed in some Aurora Lights gilding flakes.  There's a video here that shows you how to use the glue and the flakes.

I wasn't sure what Lavatera flowers looked like, so I googled them and found this:

Lavatera


After applying the gilding flakes, I colored the flowers and leaves with various Colour Cloud Blending Inks and distress markers.  The leaves come from a set by Marianne Design called Leaf Doily.

Creatables: Leaf doily

These are my favorite maple leaf dies.  They have so much detail on them.

The white doily under the flowers is the Frames & Tags Gillian by Sue Wilson.



I stamped the word "Hugs" using the clear stamp set called Love Greeting Lines by Frantic Stamper.
I cut the hugs stamp out from a longer stamp so I could use it by itself:


Since I liked the stamp so much, I made a second card with it:


This time I backed the flowers on the leaf doily shown above by Marianne Design.  The leaves are the Petite Leaves by Frantic Stamper and the background and blue frame is the Sue Wilson Stitched Lattice Frames.  I did not cut the lattice background out; I just embossed the paper with it.



All of these products are available at the Ecstasy Crafts Store.




1 comment:

  1. these are beautiful, love the flakes to outline and such pretty coloring of them both and lovely background

    ReplyDelete