Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Snowflake Ornament


This Doily Star by Marianne Design is so intricate yet cuts out beautifully.  I wanted to do more than put it on a card in order to give it the attention it deserves.  I cut two of the star and adhered them to the top and bottom of a rolled up piece of card stock.  This is the side view:


You could literally decorate this with any flower die (rolled roses would be gorgeous).  I chose to use the Nellie's Choice Flowers 2 and cut them out on some dotted vellum.  For the leaves, I used the Sue Wilson Laurel Leaves and Maidenhair Fern.




I also plan on using this die for a winter scrapbook page for my nephew and placing his photo in the center of each "snowflake".

All of these products can be found at the Ecstasy Crafts store.



3 comments:

  1. Ann, this is gorgeous! I can see a whole bunch of these adorning a tree. How pretty that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delicate AND fun! At first I thought you were upcycling an old ribbon spool! You're genius in using a rolled piece of cardstock! Beautifully done, and such a pretty, festive winter decoration! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and great idea to give it more dimension!!

    ReplyDelete