Friday, November 4, 2016

So Very Thankful



This card uses all Impression Obsession dies and stamp.  I love using old trucks on cards but I also like to make them look old as well by sanding down some of the spots where trucks seem to show signs of aging first like the hood, areas over the tires and the fenders.  I cut the Classic Truck out of a teal foil cardstock and added the vellum window with some marks made with a stylus and a foam mat.

To make the pumpkins, I  cut them out of watercolor paper, painted them with Spiced Marmalade distress ink, went over the tick lines with a distress marker, then used a finger dauber and inked around the edges.

I've used the rays from the Impression Obsession Sunburst Background die on some previous cards shown below but today's card uses a frame that was left over from those cards.   I took the dotted blue piece of paper for the sky and laid the leftover frame from the Sunburst Background die on top of it to see where I wanted to position it.  I marked the very bottom of the Sunburst with pencil to make it easier to know where to place it later, then cut off the edges on the two sides.


I cut away any of the rays that hung off the edge of the blue paper.  These are the other two cards where I used the same cut of the Sunburst Background die.  Three cards out of one cut; that's something to be thankful for.



The Hello card above uses the Impression Obsession Hello die and the Small Leaf set.

Here are the dies I used on my Classic Truck card:



Impression Obsession Classic Truck DIE218

Impression Obsession Pumpkin Set DIE350

Impression Obsession Hill Landscape Layers DIE343

Impression Obsession Sunburst Background DIE354

Impression Obsession So Very Thankful stamp B3548


I'm entering this card in the Impression Obsession blog challenge:  Thanksgiving Wishes.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Ann these are incredible, I just made a card last night for my post using that truck also but you did a lot better job with your card, love the idea of sanding the truck, your hills with the pumpkins are so cool, love the papers you used and that idea for the sun is fantastic! Love your extra cards you made too, you do such awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! You are SUCH an artist, Ann! You certainly know your way with paper and ink - and always ALWAYS I marvel at the scenes your dear fingers deftly design. Your truck scene is AMAZING! to SAND the truck? Who would think of that? Fantastic idea (and very successfully executed!). Thanks for showing how you made the sun on that pretty blue background.

    I don't even know what to say, Ann. Each card is INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL. I mean that with all my heart - your choices of papers, inks, combining the dies, every tiny detail - make your cards EXTRAORDINARY.

    hope you enjoy a fantastic weekend, Ann!
    hugs,
    de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great cards, Ann! I particularly like the first two cards with their wonderful use of patterned papers, colour and design: the old truck is fab and I rally like all those pumpkins sitting on those green hills. Good luck in the IO challenge!

    ReplyDelete