Saturday, December 3, 2016

Birthday Card for a 21 yr old Nephew


I know my nephew doesn't have time to look at my blog so there's no worry that he might see this.

Zach is turning 21 this year; he's the first nephew out of many in the family.  He's working so hard at college and was just accepted into the School of Pharmacy at WVU.  I'm so proud of him but also proud of all my 14 nieces and nephews.

For my card, I used a Darice embossing folder but only embossed the corners of the paper.  I embossed one corner then embossed the other.  I had to run it through my Grand Calibur due to the way I had to position the paper.

To highlight the embossing, I rubbed on some gold and patina gilding wax then heat embossed over that with some clear embossing powder.  This dulled the color of the wax a little but it turned out okay.  I then cut two long, skinny strips of teal paper to offset the edges of the embossed areas.

The Happy Birthday die is by Frantic Stamper.

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. Love all the shiny mineral colors and finishes on your card, Ann! You're a fantastic aunt! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card for a young man! I too am loving the shimmery colors you used. So clever of you to emboss just the corners and leave a space for your sentiment. Beautiful Ann! I always leave here inspired by your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like your nephew is doing very well and he will love this, the guilding wax looks awesome on it!!

    ReplyDelete