Sunday, January 15, 2017

Get Your Layers Perfect

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a tool that makes layering your cards perfect every time.  It's called the Marsupial Layering Tool.  I had never seen this product before so I did some research, and then I knew I had to have it.  This is what it looks like:




It's really hard to get a good photo of it due to it's dark color.  The Marsupial Layering Tool or also called the JIG, is made out of a heavy plastic-type material and measures about 10" x 10",  has tiny feet on the bottom which keeps the tool from moving around on your work surface, and is also extremely light and easy to store.

The Marsupial Layering Tool ensures that all of your layers will be perfectly straight.  It has four sections to it for various border sizes:    1/8", 1/4",  3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1" borders.

Below is a label you can print, cut and adhere to your tool:



All you do to use the tool is lay down your smaller layer with the adhesive side facing up.  Place it in the border size of your choice, then take your next larger layer and line it up in the bigger border of your choice within the same box as your previous paper.  Press down to adhere the two together, flip the papers over, and you have perfectly lined up your layers on your card creating an even border all the way around.

  

Place your black card base on top of the white layer that has the adhesive face up and this is what you get (minus the blue wave)



Here is a video that shows how to use the tool.

Here are just a few examples of the various layers you can do on an A2 card.  You can also use the tool for 5x7 and other sized cards.



As I get older, my hands seem to shake quite a bit when trying to adhere layers on my cards.  I can't tell you the number of times I've adhered a layer only to realize it went on crooked.  Then I have to either tear off and try to salvage what I can or cover the unevenness with an embellishment of some kind.

This tool makes layering easy with shaky hands.  It's also great when you are mass producing cards and have all your layers cut and ready to assemble.

I'm not making any profit from advertising this tool on my blog.  What's great about it now, is that you can save $10 by using code LAYER10.

To purchase the Marsupial Layering Tool, go here.  There are also written instructions here.

I highly recommend watching the video to pick up some hints and tricks on using the tool.  It's very easy to use but the maker of the video explains a tip when using heavy card stock.

Leave me a comment if you have time so I know if you also feel this tool is handy.









2 comments:

  1. That would be great if I could get the layers cut in the exact shape in the first place. Somehow they are never exactly even

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great if I could get the layers cut in the exact shape in the first place. Somehow they are never exactly even

    ReplyDelete