Friday, February 24, 2017

Frantic Stamper's Rose Cutout Border Revisited

I've been playing around with an older die that I had to see if I could make something totally different from my typical card style.  I've had this Frantic Stamper Rose Cutout Border die for a while.  Here is the most recent card I've made with it:


This is what the die looks like:


It only detaches from your paper along one edge (the top edge in the above photo).  

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge:

To make today's card, I started off with a 4.25 x 11" card base that I folded in half.  I placed the die along the right front edge of the card:


Then I manually cut along the fold of the card at the upper right front panel to detach the excess paper:


I then folded the card and traced around the floral edge onto the back flap of the card so I could manually cut that out:


The next step was to fill in the flowers and leaves.  I decided to use two different shades of pink vellum for the flowers and white vellum for the leaves:


I didn't want all of this to show on the inside of the card so I cut another panel manually with the floral edge traced onto it and adhered it over the inside top of the card:


Below is what the inside of the card looks like now that I covered the vellum:


And this is what is looks like once it's folded up:


I don't own many vertical stamps and found this one from Hobby Lobby worked the best.  I stamped it with Picked Raspberry distress ink and framed it with a layer of pink vellum underneath:





These are some of the cards I made last year with this same die:





For the above card, I cut the Rose Cutout Border along the edge of the card base and backed it with white paper.

For the card below, I cut the border out on white paper and manually cut around the top side to detach it from the paper:





The stamps I used on both cards are from the Frantic Stamper Clear Stamp Set FRA-CL-038.

There are so many other ways to use this Rose Cutout Border which can be seen on the Dies R Us Inspiration blog.  Design Team member Connie made this  amazing gatefold card with the same die.

Don't forget to play along at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog for your chance to win a gift voucher to the Dies R Us Store.  A new challenge begins on the first and fifteenth of every month.  Be sure to Follow Us on Facebook too. 





click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG




4 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, tickled to see you playing along this week! I love your design with this beautiful edging and your great attention to the small details - thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post, Ann! Thanks for taking the time to show your process, I had not thought about cutting it apart like that! Lovely colors, and beautifully designed! I love them all! Thanks for sharing last year's cards, too! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love that rose edge. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally love all the different ways you used this die, I love how you used it in the first and your hand cutting around it too, great idea on the last to cut around to make it a stand alone die, Gorgeous!!I

    ReplyDelete