Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My First Watercolor Card Attempt


My friend, Kia, entered a recent card in the CAS Watercolor Challenge which got me wanting to try watercoloring.  Her cards are so pretty and inspiring.

Before I could even attempt watercoloring on my own, I watched several videos on YouTube, most of which were Penny Black videos.  I love their Slapstick line of stamps but unfortunately I don't currently own any, so I tried watercoloring with the one stamp I had -- an old Stampin' Up one from the Fifth Avenue Floral collection.

I inked up the rose stamp with distress inks and spritzed the stamp with some water.  I then stamped the rose on to my watercolor paper and began pulling the color into the petals.  I don't own a floral stamp that had the leaves already on it so I tried masking the roses and stamping on an old Hero Arts leaf I had.

The greeting is an old one that comes in a set but I have lost the packaging so I don't know who made it, but I thought it was appropriate for the card.

Practice makes perfect so I'm off to try more watercoloring; I just need to get some stamps that are easy enough to use.

8 comments:

  1. Your watercolouring is beautiful Ann. It's hard to believe that it's your first try ... you nailed it. The card looks hand painted. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watercolor roses are gorgeous, Ann, and the sentiment is beautiful! I can't wait to see what else you watercolor! You are a natural! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your card is very pretty. I'm surprised it's your first try. It's pretty awesome!! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is right! It's hard to believe that this is your first try at water coloring. Your flowers came out gorgeous and that sentiment is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Ann - this is fabulous. Talk about starting off with a bang. I so hope you will do more as this is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your first try at watercoloring??? I love the colors of your amazing flowers! Keep up the great work and please join us again at the CAS Watercolor challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring of these, you did a great job for your first time!

    ReplyDelete