Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sue Wilson Swiss Collection - Zurich



I think one of the best ways to show off a die is by cutting it on black cardstock and layering it on a lighter background.  I used the Sue Wilson Swiss Collection - Zurich, CED 9103 backing it on white paper and raising it up on the card base with dimensional foam, but you can't tell it's raised up. 



The rose in the center is the Single Rose by Paper Smooches A2D256.  I cut the rose on black cardstock first, then adhered the black die cut to a piece of white paper.  This made adhering the pieces back in a lot easier.  When I was done gluing in the pieces, I manually cut around the edge of the rose.  To cover any white paper that might be showing around the edge, I applied some black ink with an ink dauber:




To finish the card, I adhered some tiny pearls around the edges.


This card could be used for an anniversary, wedding, and birthday, among other things.

Thanks for stopping by -- Ann


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that is so elegant looking, thanks for all the tips on doing the inlaid technique!

    ReplyDelete